Demand heater for SHW backup [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Wed Aug 22 08:19:07 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

I will concur - I chose Stiebel-Eltron after inquiring here a couple years back and we have been very happy with the performance (after getting over the initial shock of breaker and wiring requirements.)

There is a place for both tank style and tankless in many installations.  Tankless units are ideal for infrequently used bathrooms and kitchenettes - think guest houses or guest wings on larger residences.  You can size the tank heater and solar to meet the average load and save the tankless for peak shaving.  Also (particularly with the electric units) you have the ability to place the tankless heater close to the point of use (maybe not quite as close as they do in Europe!) which can save
piping losses and reduce water waste on the end of that long run to the remote bathroom, guest house, or shop.

--
Kurt Albershardt
Eastern Sierra Energy Engineering

.