Grid fluctuations [RE-wrenches]

Blake Jones blake at namastesolar.com
Thu Jun 28 14:52:13 PDT 2007

Hi Drake,

We're experiencing something similar with Fronius inverters in various
locations throughout Colorado.  Similar story as far as the utility goes
in that they're claiming everything is fine, while we're consistently
measuring voltages outside of the inverters' tolerable window (130-140
VAC).  We've tried our own measurement methods as well as the utility's,
but Fronius says we need more sophisticated equipment that can log and
measure voltage multiple times per second (one of our devices only
measured every few seconds).  We're expecting to get the appropriate
piece of equipment within the next few weeks (Fronius tells us its
expensive - around $6k) and I'd be happy to share with you information
about the equipment as well as how our test results go.  Please feel
free to contact me after 2-3 weeks and we'll hopefully have the issue
wrapped up by then.

Best Regards,

Blake Jones
Co-Owner, President
NABCEP and CoSEIA certified PV installer

Namaste Solar Electric
2639 Spruce St.
Boulder, CO 80302
303.447.0300 x203 direct