Irreversible Splice? [RE-wrenches]

David Brearley david at meridiansolar.com
Thu May 24 19:47:14 PDT 2007

August,

You are looking for a C-Tap and a crimper tool.

Go to Tessco.com and search for "Compression C Taps".  These C-Taps are
sized according to the conductors being irreversibly crimped together and
you need to specify the part number accordingly.

After you find the right sized taps, search for the crimp tool: Part # 54536
- Crimper 8-4/0.  The crimper tool looks like a battery terminal crimper and
costs about as much, close to $200.00 for one with a wide range.  The jaws
of the crimper tool and the taps are color coded.

You'll wonder how you ever lived without it.  It is definitely a tool you
will use again and again.

I hope this helps.

David Brearley
NABCEP Certified Solar PV System Installer (TM)

Meridian Energy Systems
(TECL #24461)
2300 S. Lamar, Suite 107
Austin, TX 78704