Advise sought for large off grid PV system; 480 volt 3-phase [RE-wrenches]

Kurt Albershardt info at es-ee.com
Thu Mar 29 15:58:03 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

How far is far?  Rehau Insulpex might be an option for moving heat around.

The adsorption chillers start at $98k for the smallest (25 ton) model, and shipping adds another $10-12k.  They don't make sense for many apps, but with a COP of ~0.6 and no nasty chemical issues like absorption chillers they are an interesting new (to me) option.

Don't know what the other cooling loads look like, but I think I'd be taking a long hard look at them in  terms of overall budget.  Any chance they could use a water source heat pump of some kind?

--On Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:00 PM -0700 Larry Crutcher <larry at starlightsolar.com> wrote:

> Hi Kurt,
>
> The generator building is far from the load locations. All the waste heat is lost. Because we are building a battery and inverter building attached to the generator building, perhaps this will help cool it.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion.
>
> Larry Crutcher
> General Manager
> Starlight Solar
>
> Retail Store & Shipping: 2998 Shari Ave. Yuma, AZ 85365
> Phone (928) 941-1660      Fax (928) 342-9103
>
> Mailing Address:11279 S. Glenwood Ave, Box 11114, Yuma, AZ 85367
> Renewable Energy Products for Home, Business and Recreational Vehicles
> powered by STARLIGHTT

.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com