2007 Energy Bill without solar incentives? [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 8 20:06:30 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Jim, Here's Sue Kateley's (CalSEIA Exec. Director) email.

MAKE THE CONGRESSIONAL SWITCHBOARD CRASH!

Congressional leaders are considering moving an energy bill with NO
extension of the renewable energy tax incentives.  Senator Reid and Speaker
Pelosi met today and decided not to include critical tax credits for wind
and solar in the federal energy package, and to drop the federal Renewable
Portfolio Standard.

We have about 24 hours to turn this around.

Call your representative and tell them to pass a message to Senator Reid and
Speaker Pelosi.

Use your own words - here are some suggested points:

The energy bill must extend investment tax credits for solar and production
tax credits for wind.
Clean energy means jobs and energy independence.
America needs carbon-free renewable energy, now.
Our future depends on their leadership.

It's hard to believe that with oil hovering at $100/barrel and the passage
of the Governor's Solar Initiative just over a year ago, that we are looking
at a Congress that is thinking of doing nothing to extend the solar tax
credits.

Link to look up the phone number for your representatives in the House and
Senate: http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/index.html