2007 Energy Bill without solar incentives? [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Thu Nov 8 22:25:18 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

Friends:

Does it seem odd to you that the removal of the desirable parts of the bill
was sponsored by Reid and Pelosi?  As you recall, the energy bill had a
fair amount of good policy and a fair amount of bad.  What Reid and Pelosi
have done is taken a bill with mixed attributes and make it unequivocally
bad.  I think this is a smart approach.

There was enough wrong with the original bill that I could not support
it.  I think it may be too late and may very well be the wrong approach to
suggest that the tax credits be put back in the bill.  I believe there was
enough wrong with the bill that the renewable tax incentives should be left
out and we should encourage defeat of the bill.  This is the only safe way
to ensure that we are not encouraging more subsidies for the nuclear power
industry.

During the next round of energy bill negotiations, we should act early on
to ensure that subsidies for bad energy sources will not ever make it to
the president's desk.

William Miller

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php