AGS thru a MX? [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Fri Nov 2 06:48:39 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Dan,

Have you tried just setting the AGS port on the Mate to the hub port number
that you are using for the MX?  The Mate manual doesn't say that you can do
that, and as I read the AGS section, it kind of implies that AGS only works
with FX inverter devices.  But it doesn't explicitly say that you can't use
an MX.  I wouldn't see any great harm in trying if you can't get a
definitive answer from Outback.  Either they programmed the functionality
into the firmware or they didn't.  The MX aux outputs only source 200mA as
opposed to 700mA for the FX, but you can deal with that with an interposing
relay.

John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey, UT