SQFlex questions [RE-wrenches]

Roy Butler, Four Winds RE roy at four-winds-energy.com
Tue Aug 7 16:09:04 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Overall we have had real good luck with the SQ Flex line of pumps.
A real nice change after spending so much time installing/
troubleshooting/ repairing/ apologizing for the RegrEta pump line.

Right now we have about 15 Grundfos systems in the field (literally) and
the only issue we have had is with the CU200 controller. At first it was
that infernal wiring terminal Travis and Brad mentioned but that was
easy to fix.

The latest fun thing is the CU200 showing an F3 fault which in most
cases does not shut the pump down.
F3 is a lack of communication between pump and controller and we have 3
systems doing this intermittently.
On the first system to do this, we replaced the controller, array to
pump wiring and looked at everything in the
system several times over to no avail. Our conclusion so far....either
something in the pump electronics is fubar
or it's just one of life's great mysteries. I'm following this
discussion with much interest!

This being my busy season and with the pumps still running OK, I admit
to putting this on the back burner for now.
It's a good thing I can purchase large quantities of patience, humor and
beer wholesale.......

Roy Butler
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer®
NYSERDA eligible PV & wind installer
Four Winds Renewable Energy, LLC
8902 Route 46
Arkport, NY 14807
607-324-9747
www.four-winds-energy.com

Although no trees were killed in the sending of this message,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com
This email was sent to: michael_welch at sbcglobal.net