warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dmpratt at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 9 12:31:41 PDT 2007

Fellow Wrenches,
 Good & bad inverters? Working for a major distributor I see a LOT of
inverters go by, and our team in the tech department is usually the first to
know when there's a problem. I can honestly say there are damn few bad
inverters anymore. Quality and reliability have improved remarkably from
just 5 years ago. SMA and Xantrex have had some startup problems, but for
the most part those are far behind us now. The most trouble-free, reliable
inverter brand out there now? From my experience I'd have to say Fronius.
It's probably no coincidence that they're the only manufacturer offering a
no-paperwork warranty process, and a flat $90 per call reimbursement policy.
(I've yet to see this policy used, but it's spelled out in the warranty.)
http://www3.fronius.com/worldwide/usa.solarelectronics/support/warranty_stat
ement_usa_ig_012007.pdf

The most popular inverters? SMA still comfortably owns that title. And with
their new generation of units that include a 4-string combiner and DC disco
switch, they're the best value out there now.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt
DC Power Systems

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com