warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joel.davidson at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 7 09:22:11 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Hi Matt,

My Prius has a 10 year warranty on the battery bank, inverter and electric
motor, but that's another story. I sold a couple hundred old model SW4048
inverters that have been operating continuously since 1997-8. Even the SWODE
SW5548's are still going strong. Every Trace/Xantrex PV100 I installed is
still working. On the other hand, there are a couple hundred Omnion
inverters I installed between 1994-1996 that bit the dust.

What inverters do you only buy and what inverters do you never buy? Any
other wrenches who want to plug the favorite or pan their worse inverter are
welcome to chime in.

Joel Davidson