warranty issues [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Jun 6 07:45:32 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Geoff:

In the early days of the California rebate program, I wrote my own
warranty.  Before long, the state rejected my working and required I tow
the line and use the standard form.  I could live with that, but now one
major inverter manufacturer has chosen to blow me off as far as
reimbursement for trips to remove and replace inverters.  This frosts my
ass, as you can well imagine.

Those of us who have to be the face behind the warranty, but we need some
compensation when a problem occurs that is not our fault.  I was hoping
others on this list would share my concern and posted here looking for
feedback.  Having received only one reply I can only assume that the other
installers have not had my experience (yet) of don't realize what they are
in for when the time occurs.

William

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php