Long residential feeder [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Fri Jan 5 07:48:13 PST 2007

A Colorado inspector told me to size the feeder for the load.  He stated that performance issues were between the customer and myself.  Different inspectors might have a different take on this. Certainly head room should be left for future expansion.

On long runs, I'm in favor of running conductors in parallel.  You will use less metal to achieve the desired VD, and the pulling will be a lot easier.

-Drake