Bonding of electrical equipment [RE-wrenches]

Keith Cronin kcronin at islandenergy.net
Mon Nov 12 15:25:14 PST 2007

Hi gents

A topic came up today that I wanted to run by the team, electrically
speaking- NEC. An electrical inspector had a viewpoint that all conduit runs
from a main distribution system to our equipment- i.e.- disconnects and any
inverters or junction boxes needed to have bonding bushings as opposed to
standard locknuts with plastic bushings. These systems are grounded with the
appropriate grounding wiring sized per the NEC for the feeders. I have not
seen this requirement before and wanted to see what you all have experienced
in this environment.

One perspective was that if the enclosure has concentric knockouts, like a
junction box or distribution panel, then yes, they would be required and if
it is over 300 volts, then they would be required.

Looking forward to some feedback.

Thanks

Keith

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com