equipment grounding conductors [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin Drake.Chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Mon Oct 22 10:02:10 PDT 2007

Hello Wrenches,

NEC 250.118 lists equipment grounding conductor types.  EMT is one type
of equipment grounding conductor that is listed.

To be on the safe side, we usually run a wire in EMT, from the solar
array, that is rated at 125% of full load current per 690 requirements.

The NEC Handbook gives some idea concerning what size that rigid metal
conduits are permitted for equipment grounding, for various amperages in
feeders, although the NEC itself doesn't.

In the past, I used EMT conduit to ground runs from solar arrays, the
same way that I use the pipe to ground other circuits.  Can we still use
it?  What are the guidelines for determining what amperage or wire size
is allowed to be grounded in this way.

Thanks,

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com