Outback FX compatible wth piezo stove ignitor? [RE-wrenches]

Mick Abraham mick at abrahamsolar.com
Thu Oct 11 07:47:24 PDT 2007

Hi, Wrenchies~

My client's new Outback system with FX inverter is throwing an Error
(sometimes) when they light their Peerless-Premier gas range. This range
has a piezo spark ignitor for the oven and the burnertops.

Two Error codes are being generated with the crash: "High Battery
Voltage" and "AC Output Shorted". Whenever we've seen this problem, the
battery voltage was not high, so that Error code is false.

This is new construction so we'll sleuth about to see if the home's
electrical wiring might have a scuff. However, the Error doesn't happen
every time the range is used. It's more like one time out of five and
the rest of the time things behave normally. I tried to search the
Topica archives but the search function seems to be inoperative.

I would appreciate feedback from my fellow mechanics or from Outback
personnel on this issue. Is this a known problem for the FX inverter or
is it just my lucky day?

Mick Abraham, Proprietor
www.abrahamsolar.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com