Reimbursement [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Thu May 24 23:45:01 PDT 2007

<x-flowed>

Friends:

I am wondering what success any of you have had getting reimbursed for your
labor in troubleshooting, removing and replacing defective inverters and
modules that are under factory warranty.  I'd like to take a poll to see
what your successes and failures are and what your level of satisfaction is
with the mainstream inverter/PV manufacturers.  Also, what failure rate are
you having with inverters and modules?

The reason I am asking is because I have had a miserable time collecting
from a major manufacturer.  I am not going to mention their name because I
am strongly considering suing them.  If you want to avoid mentioning names,
please feel free to contact me off-line.

If the rest of you have been treated like I have been, no return to phone
calls, etc., it is a rotten shame.  If we are all having similar problems,
I'd like to brainstorm how we can bring pressure to bear on manufacturers
to compensate fairly.

I have refused to join any of the manufacturer's "Solar Clubs" because, as
I see it, you are agreeing to substandard compensation.  For example, I
have been offered $100 per first trip and $25 per subsequent trips to
remove and replace brand new inverters (yes, that's plural, on one job)
that weigh 137 pounds each.  It's obvious I need a helper to lift those
dead, new inverters, so I have to drive home and back with a helper to
remove and replace.  With a remote job, this adds up to a lot of time.  The
manufacture is apparently telling me my time is not very valuable.

I look forward to hearing your experiences and possibly banding together to
improve the situation.

William Miller

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
Voice :805-438-5600     Fax: 805-438-4607
email: wrmiller at mpandc.com
http://mpandc.com
License No. C-10-773985

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com