OB PS1 meter wiring [RE-wrenches]

Glenn Burt gburt at ieee.org
Sat Feb 17 05:16:23 PST 2007

Hi esteemed colleagues,

This is my first post to this revered list, so please be gentle...

I am installing my first Outback PS1 system. Reading the manual tells me
that for the best metering I should install 2 seperate watt-hour meters
on the unit. One in the AC in, and one in the AC out circuits.

I have tried to get OB to clarify this with drawings to no avail. They
have a 'Green Tags' diagram on their website, however it depicts a
single meter.

Has anyone installed a PS1 with dual meters, and might have a wiring
diagram they would be willing to share with me?

This is a great resource that I have been following for years - thanks
for all the discussions & ideas!

Glenn Burt
Solar Tech
Renewable Power Systems, LLC