Request for solar educational material [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff windydankoff at mac.com
Fri Jan 19 10:55:01 PST 2007

<x-flowed>

RE-Wrenches and educators,

I am working on a New Mexico Solar Energy Assn. educational project
to improve the performance and perception of solar systems in NM.
The goal is to educate the public, particularly the owners of smaller
commercial and residential solar energy systems about their type of
system, which components require periodic maintenance, how often, who
is qualified to do it, and why maintenance is needed.

We intend this information to be used by the solar industry, home
builders, the State of NM, utility companies, and environmentally
friendly groups.  Our goal is to help identify solar systems
installed in NM and help keep them operating safely and efficiently.
This will help prevent the degradation of valuable energy saving
equipment and the associated loss of public acceptance of solar systems.

Our first task is to determine if such training already exists, and
if not, what steps need to be taken to develop the training.  Are YOU
aware of an existing education program like this?

We are also looking for introductory educational material for the
public -- VERY elementary -- to introduce a few types of solar
systems, and their advantages, plus concepts of energy efficiency.

Thanks!
Windy Dankoff
windydankoff at mac.com

- - - -