Request for solar educational material [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 19 13:03:54 PST 2007

HI Windy
I teach two courses, neither fill the bill for what
you want.  I teach a course for high school science
teachers for which they get CEUs and I teach a solar
PV for professionals, which is populated by
electricians and electrical contractors.   Both
courses are 40 hours, and I find I can not cover the
material in that time.

The backbone of my courses came from Bill Brooks
Course, which I highly recomend.
Darryl

--- Windy Dankoff <windydankoff at mac.com> wrote:

> RE-Wrenches and educators,
>
> I am working on a New Mexico Solar Energy Assn.
> educational project
> to improve the performance and perception of solar
> systems in NM.
> The goal is to educate the public, particularly the
> owners of smaller
> commercial and residential solar energy systems
> about their type of
> system, which components require periodic
> maintenance, how often, who
> is qualified to do it, and why maintenance is
> needed.
>
> We intend this information to be used by the solar
> industry, home
> builders, the State of NM, utility companies, and
> environmentally
> friendly groups.  Our goal is to help identify solar
> systems
> installed in NM and help keep them operating safely
> and efficiently.
> This will help prevent the degradation of valuable
> energy saving
> equipment and the associated loss of public
> acceptance of solar systems.
>
> Our first task is to determine if such training
> already exists, and
> if not, what steps need to be taken to develop the
> training.  Are YOU
> aware of an existing education program like this?
>
> We are also looking for introductory educational
> material for the
> public -- VERY elementary -- to introduce a few
> types of solar
> systems, and their advantages, plus concepts of
> energy efficiency.
>
> Thanks!
> Windy Dankoff
> windydankoff at mac.com