120 degree azimuth [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 21 21:30:07 PST 2006

Hello again
If you are insecure about PVWatts do a run on
RETscreen it is free, and I have a system that has
been monitored and results published, that compared
actual measured results with RETscreen, the results
were very good.  It made a believer out of me as to
the validity of calculated results.  The ten year
average was very good.  The biggest error was in the
winter here in Minnesota, and perhaps this is due to
excessive snow or frost cover.  Or I think the climate
models are off in the winter.
Darryl

PS send me your latatude and longitude and I will make
a run on RETscreen/

> >Wrenchisimos,
> >
> >I have a customer that has asked me to design/price
> a 22kw system for a
> >hotel.  The back of the roof is about 26 degrees
> tilt but facing 120
> >degrees, 60 degrees off of due south.  I ran the
> numbers on PV Watts and
> >it showed only a 7.6% loss of power.
> >
> >Can anyone comment from experience on an
> installation 60 degrees to the
> >east of south?  I don't want to make a poor
> recommendation.  Because of
> >the site layout there is very little possibility of
> a canopy/parking
> >type installation which is what I would like to do.
> >the roof is ideal otherwise.
> >
> >Steve Johnson
> >LightWave Electric
> >Nashville, Tennessee