MX-60 operating voltage limit [RE-wrenches]

Penobscot Solar penobscotsolar at midmaine.com
Mon Oct 16 03:52:18 PDT 2006

I believe that in the industry there is one FET, manufactured by Fairchild
Semiconductor, which allows controllers like the MX-60 and Apollo T-80 to
configure panels to voltages up to 150 volts. If you go above 150 volts
the FET becomes incredibly inefficient and will fry. Below that it is just
the opposite. Remember to factor in your temp. ratings. If you configure
to 140 volts you better not be installing in an area that gets very cold!!
Daryl
Penobscot Solar Design
NABCEP Certified installer

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com