Concentric knockouts on circuits over 250 volts [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Mon Aug 28 00:26:14 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

At 08:13 PM 8/27/2006, you wrote:

Bob-O:

I do not see where the citation excludes conduits that carry a separate
equipment grounding conductor.  We always pull a ground, but it connects to
the module frames and does not bond the conduit at either end.  The logic
behind this?  My guess:  A nick in the insulation of a conductor carrying
voltage could energize the conduit, I guess.

If you could point out where the citation excludes conduit in the situation
you describe, I could win a pissing match with a local inspector.

William

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com