Welcome NABCEP members [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 27 09:01:41 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Hi Allan,

I do not fear NABCEP. NABCEP dialogue is like a wrenches rorschack test.
Each wrench reads into NABCEP what he or she thinks they see.

Mark Fitzgerald set the tone for education with NABCEP's precursor, the PV
Information and Education Association (PVIEA), which he sold to the American
Solar Energy Society (ASES) in 1988. If NABCEP continues to focus on
education, it will have value to its members, the industry and the public.

Wider audience - IBEW, DOE and utility companies. George Ingham has done a
good job educating union workers, but I'm sure the IBEW could use more
experienced PV instructors. The DOE needs to be educated in the realities of
day-to-day PV work. Utility companies are in the PV business whether we like
it or not so educate them.

Change - Leverage public education by working with rebate agencies, public
education and state contracting boards to teach people what is good PV and a
good PV contractor.

Incentive programs - Explicitly disallow rebate agencies from making NABCEP
a requirement for contractor status and rebates.

Specific incentive program examples - Wrenches, does your rebate program
require NABCEP or is this a dead horse?

Joel Davidson