Welcome NABCEP members [RE-wrenches]

Allan Sindelar allan at positiveenergysolar.com
Sun Aug 27 07:46:05 PDT 2006

Joel,
Here in New Mexico, I have had two installers tell me that being certified
has not brought value to them because the public has no consciousness of the
value of certification. So we haven't reached even close to the point that
you apparently fear. Even I see certification as something where we have to
educate each customer as to its value. Nothing was written into our new
state incentives to offer any benefits to certified installers.

I am not aware that NABCEP has put any restrictions on its audience, other
than those specifically relevant to ensuring the knowledge and field
experience necessary to qualify for the exam. If eligibility requirements
are reduced, certification loses its value. What is the "wider audience" to
which you refer? What specifically would you change? How might NABCEP
prevent other entities from including NABCEP certification in their
incentive programs? And have you seen specific examples of problems this has
caused?

Allan