3 HP pump on OutBacks [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Mon Jun 26 14:25:23 PDT 2006

WIN A GAULEY OVERNIGHT RAFTING TRIP FOR TWO.
Enjoy two days of world-class whitewater with
a night of deluxe riverside camping in between.
http://click.topica.com/caaeUaEbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ NAAR

Hi Jay;

We too have a 3 hp 3 wire Franklin pump on a pair of VFX4648s. Runs
fine, pumping from 600 ft to a pressure tank. The only problem is that
it really pulls down the battery voltage, so we  can't cycle the
batteries more than 50% DOD without a low voltage shutdown. I think that
was Allan's issue with the t105s. This is enough of a problem with the
single string of Surrette batteries in the winter, that we are adding a
9th battery to create our first ever 54 volt nominal system. The Outback
vfxs and the the Mx-60 should be able to do it (theoritically....) We're
still waiting on the battery, I'll post our experiences with this when
we do it. The idea is the inverter low voltage shutoff will stay close
to the same, while the nominal jumps up 6 v. This is also an easy way to
add some capacity without doubling the battery bank.

Well at least I can convince myself its a good idea for now....

Ray Walters

Cary Lane wrote:

> Hi Jay,
>
> I have a customer running a 3 HP sub at 700' with a Franklin motor on
> 2 Outback 3648s with a string of Surrette 400AH batteries.  I would
> not recommend this based on specs, but the customer loves the system
> and has had no complains for 2 years.  They also run their mobile home
> with washer and dryer and everything else on the system. I am sure
> they can see flickers when the pump starts, but they like it.
>
> I would not have tried this, but the pump got installed and hookup up
> before I know how big it was.  So I experimented and to my surprise it
> works fine.
>
> Cary
>

> Cary Lane
> Energy Concepts
> HC 68 Box 11AA
> Sapello, NM  87745
>
> Ph: 505-454-0614
> Fax: 505-213-0985

Here’s your chance to tell some of the most important names in
retailing and household products what’s on your mind. You could win
a free iPod Nano by signing up for our new consumer opinion panel
and filling out a brief survey.
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvObz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ HomeWorldResearch

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php