outback and error events [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks bill at brooksolar.com
Sun Jun 11 15:30:58 PDT 2006

Keith,

Christopher might know off the top of his head, but my first guess is that
the high battery voltage is simply an error being recorded in the heat of
the moment while the short circuit was being dealt with inside the inverter.
Strange transients happen in those types of situations, so if the inverter
shut down the ac very quickly, a spike could have occurred on the dc input
side that looked like a high voltage condition.

I only make this guess because I have seen this on other utility interactive
inverters. But I might be full of $#!@.

Bill.