Old battery ID inquiry [RE-wrenches]

Michael Welch michael.welch at homepower.com
Mon Mar 27 13:55:57 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaexd8bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Hi Wally. They are probably the Lineage batts long ago sold by Northwest Energy Storage, who now is the HUP distributor.

These can be disposed of like any other LA battery. In CA, most transfer stations take & recycle any sized LA battery for a nominal core fee.

I have enclosed an old NWES ad with a photo (which will make it to you, but probably not the whole list).

Wallace Stahle wrote at 01:32 PM 03/27/2006:

>Hey Folks,
>
>I need help in identifying the chemisry type of some old dead batteries that
>are under a house. All I currently know is they are about 18"-22" tall,
>round at about 12"-14" diameter with horizontal plates in a clear vessel.
>
>They are not in use and  out of reach currently as the space is filled with
>the clutter of the previous owners life.
>
>The new owner wants to upgrade and  relocate the power system to a separate
>shed. I want to make sure these are handled and recycled/disposed of safely.
>
>I've had no opportunities to work with anything but Lead Acid batteries so I
>am curious specifically what type these are by cannister description if
>possible.
>
>Secondly, what are the battery chemistry types and steps I would take to
>find out the chemistry type if I did not have your collective experience to
>inquire of?
>ph test strips or....?
>
>I did a scroogle search  http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi    but
>came up with much info, no answer.
>
>Your shared knowledge is much appreciated.
>Wallace Stahle
>wstahle at pacific.net

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com