Old battery ID inquiry [RE-wrenches]

Wallace Stahle wstahle at pacific.net
Mon Mar 27 13:32:25 PST 2006

You could save Hundreds on your Car insurance
We track down the best Car Insurance rates for you
Click here if you are in the market for Car insurance
http://click.topica.com/caaeA2vbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Firstand10.com

Hey Folks,

I need help in identifying the chemisry type of some old dead batteries that
are under a house. All I currently know is they are about 18"-22" tall,
round at about 12"-14" diameter with horizontal plates in a clear vessel.

They are not in use and  out of reach currently as the space is filled with
the clutter of the previous owners life.

The new owner wants to upgrade and  relocate the power system to a separate
shed. I want to make sure these are handled and recycled/disposed of safely.

I've had no opportunities to work with anything but Lead Acid batteries so I
am curious specifically what type these are by cannister description if
possible.

Secondly, what are the battery chemistry types and steps I would take to
find out the chemistry type if I did not have your collective experience to
inquire of?
ph test strips or....?

I did a scroogle search  http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi    but
came up with much info, no answer.

Your shared knowledge is much appreciated.
Wallace Stahle
wstahle at pacific.net

http://click.topica.com/caaeA2tbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Firstand10.com

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com