Old battery ID inquiry [RE-wrenches]

Bill Loesch, Saint Louis Solar bill_loesch at compuserve.com
Tue Mar 28 05:21:21 PST 2006

Get your VoIP on with Packet8's Videophone.
Crystal clear images of your loved ones. Free Month.
30 day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdTbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Hi Wallace,

Glad that Michael was probably able to identify, by text, what flavor of
batteries you have.

FYI, Local scrap yards (at least here in St. Louis, MO) take all kinds of
scrap metals - the cleaner and more segregated the higher the price paid.
They also take (pay for) batteries, eg. $0.50 per auto sized battery,
potentially more for more lead in the bigger batteries. Probably
location/convenience is a bigger factor than the money spent or earned.

My compliments for taking the high road to clean up something not of your
own making.

Bill Loesch
Solar 1 - Saint Louis Solar

Message text written by INTERNET:RE-wrenches at topica.com

Hi Wally. They are probably the Lineage batts long ago sold by Northwest
Energy Storage, who now is the HUP distributor.

These can be disposed of like any other LA battery. In CA, most transfer
stations take & recycle any sized LA battery for a nominal core fee.

I have enclosed an old NWES ad with a photo (which will make it to you, but
probably not the whole list).

Wallace Stahle wrote at 01:32 PM 03/27/2006:

>Hey Folks,
>
>I need help in identifying the chemisry type of some old dead batteries
that
>are under a house. All I currently know is they are about 18"-22" tall,
>round at about 12"-14" diameter with horizontal plates in a clear vessel.
>
>They are not in use and  out of reach currently as the space is filled
with
>the clutter of the previous owners life.
>
>The new owner wants to upgrade and  relocate the power system to a
separate
>shed. I want to make sure these are handled and recycled/disposed of
safely.

>I've had no opportunities to work with anything but Lead Acid batteries so
>am curious specifically what type these are by cannister description if
>possible.
>
>Secondly, what are the battery chemistry types and steps I would take to
>find out the chemistry type if I did not have your collective experience
>inquire of?
>ph test strips or....?
>
>I did a scroogle search  http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/nbbw.cgi    but
>came up with much info, no answer.
>
>Your shared knowledge is much appreciated.
>Wallace Stahle
>wstahle at pacific.net
<

Unlimited International Calls to Certain Counties with
Packet8. Our International VoIP Plans offer subscribers a
easier way to save on overseas calls. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexd4bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com