Outback parrallel with inverter generator [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Wed Mar 8 14:21:07 PST 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaexd8bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

This gets a bit confusing - Electrically, the inverters are operating in
parallel with the generator but the wiring configuration would be better
described as a series connection.

The standard "off-grid" version of the OutBack inverters do not offer
this capability - it is included in our "grid-tie" versions only at this
time - which are not yet compatible with all generators.  We have had
reports from customers that it works with some inverter/generators - but
I also know that it has not worked with standard type generators in my
own testing.

The generator (AC2) support function is set off in the default settings
- so it must be enabled via the advanced menu when installed.  The
frequency windows are still +- 1/2 hertz - which is not an problem with
inverter/generators as they operate exactly at 60 Hz of course.

We are working on adding the generator support capability to all the
inverter models at this time - but its more complicated with the design
of the OutBack inverters than it was with the old SW series inverters.
It is the highest priority project at this point for our software guys.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com
www.outbackpower.com
Arlington WA USA
Tel 360 435 6030

Unlimited International Calls to Certain Counties with
Packet8. Our International VoIP Plans offer subscribers a
easier way to save on overseas calls. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexd4bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com