smoke alarms & Flukes [RE-wrenches]

Ray Walters walters at taosnet.com
Mon Jan 23 19:21:43 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

Allan Sindelar wrote:

>normal abuse. Just keep a few of those 11A KLKD fuses around, for when you
>accidentally measure the short circuit current available in that battery
>bank. I bought my first Fluke 87 from Bob-O in 1991,

I've got a Fluke 89 same as the 87, and a twice rebuilt 36. I got tired
of those expensive fuses Allan talked about,(yea I got some"great" short
circuit battery measurements myself) So we use a Centech "P.o.S" meter
from Harbor freight for less than the cost of the Fluke's fuse. We drop
it in the mud, abuse it like a step solar child, etc, then throw em
away. The Fluke 89 becomes the Holy Grail: only brought out for very
special  occasions.
Most of the time you're just checking for polarity, voltage vs. no
voltage. Don't waste a good meter, when you can send in a PoS most of
the time.

Nice Acronym Allan Thanks,

Ray

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Spark Network

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com