Laing EcoCirc D5 Vario Pump experience [RE-wrenches]

bbassett at rockisland.com bbassett at rockisland.com
Fri Jan 20 14:47:53 PST 2006

Jumpstart your love life at AmericanSinglesR.com.
Meet someone in your area today. Millions of member profiles.
Create a profile, post photos and search for free.
http://click.topica.com/caaemrrbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Spark Network

My experience with Laing Eco Circ is that they do not start with just PV
power, you need either a current booster or battery. Also when trying to
start on pv power they make some very wierd wailing noises. They may be
fine on battery power, nice looking design pump.

My March 809B HS was extremely loud, maybe the 809B is not so bad but
I'd be aware of the possibility.

I would hestiate to install either of these pumps in a residence.

My experience with Hartell has been generally good, I have a really old
one that starts on practically nothing and keeps going year after year
(12+), but I don't think they use that motor anymore. Newer ones (5 to
10 years old) have been pretty good, but I've had a few failures also
(also on motors no longer used).

ElSid pumps have been great. The PV10's and smaller work fine. The PV20
takes a lot of current to startup, even a 30 watt modules was not enough
to run it properly. Sometimes, some of them make a tapping sound at slow
speeds, but not too bad. Mostly I spec PV10's with a 20 watt module.

Grundfos came out with a pv direct circulator once but it never made it
to the US and was discontinued, too bad.
Brad
AEE Solar

Allan Sindelar wrote:

> The March 809 BR pumps have brush-type motors, not brushless. Conergy
> carries them as well as replacement brushes, although I have yet to see
> worn out pair. They are available in either 12 or 24V.
> Allan at Pos E

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaemrqbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Dealix

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com