!RE: Service Call Reimbursement [RE-wrenches]

Matt Tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Jan 11 13:20:52 PST 2006

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaemrkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Barbara,

I knew we were saying similar things, just in different tongues. ;-)

If I had been compensated for all the times I've had to drive hundreds
of miles to see why the meter wasn't going in the preferred direction,
where the smoke came from, why the lights were going off and on, why
generators didn't start (or stop) and why trackers like to stare at a
fixed point in space, I'd be a happy guy!

Trying to get something from module manufacturers is like trying to
raise the dead; you might think you detect movement, but it's probably
just gas. I mean an illusion. Having dealt with some big equipment
companies quite a bit, I believe that it seems to be a generally
universal policy (vague enough?) that "labor and shipping are not
included" in the great majority of cases. I have been told by certain
parties (to remain un-named), that "trouble-shooting is part of your
job, as is the labor to remove and replace defective parts. Don't expect
us to carry that cost. We sympathize with you, but we don't want to
start a precedent." True story.

I suppose that I've become so used to this type of attitude that it seem
to be the norm; ergo - the little extra bit in the bill to the customer,
not that it will actually pay any real expenses!

If you think it's bad now, you should have seen what it was like having
to burn-in a Best inverter in the field. =(:>o

Matt T

http://click.topica.com/caaemrnbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC PowerScan

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php