Generator auto start [RE-wrenches]

Randy Brooks Randy at BrooksSolar.com
Tue Jan 10 18:15:02 PST 2006

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaemrkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Kelly,

We recently used the Generator Start Control Module from Atkinson
Electronics (www.atkinsonelectronics.com, available from AEE and
others) to auto start/stop a 1960s vintage Onan generator with the
OutBack aux relay.  The GSCM is very flexible and may help.  You can
download the manual and check it out.  We had to disconnect the
original Onan load sensing auto start module, but otherwise it's
working like a champ.  You may need to disconnect the existing auto
start feature of the Generac.  Does the manual include a wiring diagram
so you can figure out how it works?

Good luck,

Randy Brooks
Brooks Solar, Inc.