Generator auto start [RE-wrenches]

Kelly Keilwitz kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Tue Jan 10 16:51:31 PST 2006

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaemrkbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

William,
Wow! There's one small paragraph in the manual about the auto start;
"...connect the two terminals to the Generac Automatic Transfer switch...",
is pretty much the summary. This one's off grid, so no transfer switch.

We can certainly change the relay to normally closed and put 220V on it.
But, if the genset demands 35 watts, with two inverters on that's probably
going to be double that (or more) draw from the battery! That might be
acceptable in the summer, when the owner is on vacation, but otherwise will
be pretty expensive. This property is going to be absentee owned and should
be automated as much as is possible.

Did you come up with a workaround?
-Kelly

http://click.topica.com/caaemrnbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC PowerScan