cooling technologies [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Jun 15 09:04:51 PDT 2006

FREE Zoobooks Elephants ISSUE and tiger POSTER!
Is your child reading? Zoobooks is guaranteed to improve
your child’s reading skills. Click below to sign up now!
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvYbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ Zoobooks

In a previous live, when I was a engineer for a (so called) "public"
radio station, one of the remote broadcast mountain tops was cooled with
the earth. There was about 100' of ~3'diameter cement culverts stacked
end to end, buried about 4 feet below the ground. On the intake end was
hardware cloth screening. In the transmitter building a large squirrel
cage fan sucked cool air through this tube. It worked very well and
successfully mitigated the inefficient tube transmitter's heat production.

Another example is at the hydro plant I work part time which is mostly
underground. The highest summer temperature runs about 60 degrees (when
it is 90 out) and the coldest winter temperature runs about 50 degrees
(when it is 25 out). This is with considerable air flowing through the
dam adits (out in the winter and in, in the summer). Harvesting the
moderating temperatures of the earth seems to be a reasonable solution
to space conditioning.

Todd

Here’s your chance to tell some of the most important names in
retailing and household products what’s on your mind. You could win
a free iPod Nano by signing up for our new consumer opinion panel
and filling out a brief survey.
http://click.topica.com/caaeTvObz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ HomeWorldResearch

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php