ground rod question [RE-wrenches]

Kelly Keilwitz kelly at whidbeysunwind.com
Wed May 31 19:54:09 PDT 2006

A similar story:
The apprentice of an electrician we work with (his daughter) put a ground
rod right through her hand using a fence-post driver. Came up off the top
and on the way down.....:(

I don't mind the sledge hammer so much, but sometimes wish for larger
surface contact area to the head :)

-Kelly
Kelly Keilwitz, P.E.
Whidbey Sun & Wind, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems
NABCEP Certified PV Installer
987 Wanamaker Rd,
Coupeville, WA 98239
PH & FAX 360-678-7131
sunwind at whidbeysunwind.com

On 5/31/06 6:52 AM, "Dan Whigham, SC Solar" <DWhigham at scsolar.com> wrote:

> Todd,
>
> I will concur, but take it a step further. I lifted one up too high and my
> finger was caught between top of the ground rod and the handle of the driver
> when it came down full thrust. If it were not for gloves, I would have lost
> the finger for good. The finger to be re-attached, it cut through the bone
> and 2 stainless steel pins held my finger together while it healed- which
> took many months. I personally stopped driving the ground rods with the
> fence post driver method- however my helpers still use the method.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Dan Whigham
>
> SC Solar
> Lighting The Way