ground rod question [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed May 31 04:27:49 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaePuwbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

Watch out when using a fence post driver on ground rods that as the rod
goes in, you do not accidently lift the driver too high, off the rod and
slam it down on your foot. It hurts... and if you end up with all your
toes still intact (like I barely did) it is one mistake you will never
repeat.

Todd

Jason Lerner wrote:

> Wrenches,
>
> Randy's comment about taking a chunk out of his thumb pounding ground
> rods reminds me of all the times I have missed with the sledge I am
> still using (on it's third handle).  The only trick I have learned
> for pounding a rod when there is nobody around,  or nobody around
> brave enough to hold it while I swing,  is to tie a piece of twine
> around the rod and then to a belt loop.  Swing,  lean back,  swing,
> lean back.  It looks funny,  but does help with the wiggle sometimes.
>
> Jason Lerner
> Waldron Power and Light Co.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com