Honda inverter / generators with off grid [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Mar 22 23:16:52 PST 2006

You could save Hundreds on your Car insurance
We track down the best Car Insurance rates for you
Click here if you are in the market for Car insurance
http://click.topica.com/caaeA2ubz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Firstand10.com

Todd:

More than just the lack of two AC inputs, the lack of generator support is,
to me, a bigger problem.  I assumed the Outback had this but to my chagrin
I discovered it does not.  We have a trailer with two Outback FX inverters
we use for public demonstrations.  We put Outacks in hoping we could charge
batteries at a low rate while operating in order to defray discharge of the
batteries.  Apparently this is not possible with the Outback.

Outback knows this is important and claim they are working on
this.  Unfortunately, this is also what they said about the dual Mate system.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of the Outback integration, of the great
customer support and the overall ingenuity.  I know if we, as technicians
and consumers, keep the pressure on to get the essential features we need,
they will (hopefully) come.

Anyone try the SW2 yet?

William Miller

http://click.topica.com/caaeA2wbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/Firstand10.com