Honda inverter / generators with off grid [RE-wrenches]

Darryl Thayer daryl_solar at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 18:43:32 PST 2006

To all
When I had this problem I took a 'the Keep it Simple'
approach.  I took an Outback X240 auto transformer.  I
stepped down the 120 volt output of a very sloppy
construction generator to 60 volts.  I used a full
wave rectifier to produce DC.  (I think it was a 60
amp RATED diodes on a heat sink and a fan.)  I put
this to the input of the MX60 and let the MX charge
the batteries.  I think I set the maximum amps at 20
on the output.  It works just fine, of course you
have to buy an MX60 and you are limited to the
current.  If a person wanted to improve the
performance use a 120 to 80 volt transfromer.
DARRYL