Honda inverter / generators with off grid [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Wed Mar 22 18:56:32 PST 2006

Unlimited International Calls to Certain Counties with
Packet8. Our International VoIP Plans offer subscribers a
easier way to save on overseas calls. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexd4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

This is the only gripe I have with Outback grid tied inverters...
namely, only one AC input. It is also the ONLY thing the old SW's have
over the OB inverters. It is common for me to do battery back-up, grid
tied systems here. Customers commonly want to add a genny to this
arrangement, which always presents a dilemma.

Todd

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind wrote:

>Dave,I tried feeding a GTFX2524 with a Honda 2000i and found that it would
>not connect.  It sees the AC in to the inverter but would not lock  on.  I was
>hoping that the very good stable  sine wave and voltage  would allow it to
>connect.  Our only solution so far for generator backup  is a dual inverter
>system with one grid tie and one off grid sharing the same  battery. Kind of an
>expensive battery charger but it does provide a backup  inverter in case one
>failed. I am planning to do a PS2 board with a GVFX3524 for  net metering our shop
>and add a FX2524T for the option of taking our shop off  grid if we desire,
>keeping the batteries up when needed from the 2000i.  I  like the best of both
>worlds!
>
>John  Blittersdorf
>NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
>Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.
>104 River Street
>Rutland, VT  05701
>
>802-747-0577
>802-773-0924 fax
>802-770-8625 cell
>_www.cvsolar.com_ (http://www.cvsolar.com/)

Get your VoIP on with Packet8's Videophone.
Crystal clear images of your loved ones. Free Month.
30 day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdTbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com