Honda inverter / generators with off grid [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Wed Mar 22 18:29:54 PST 2006

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

Dave,I tried feeding a GTFX2524 with a Honda 2000i and found that it would
not connect.  It sees the AC in to the inverter but would not lock  on.  I was
hoping that the very good stable  sine wave and voltage  would allow it to
connect.  Our only solution so far for generator backup  is a dual inverter
system with one grid tie and one off grid sharing the same  battery. Kind of an
expensive battery charger but it does provide a backup  inverter in case one
failed. I am planning to do a PS2 board with a GVFX3524 for  net metering our shop
and add a FX2524T for the option of taking our shop off  grid if we desire,
keeping the batteries up when needed from the 2000i.  I  like the best of both
worlds!

John  Blittersdorf
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer
Central Vermont Solar  & Wind, Inc.