Outback parallel with inverter generator [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at charter.net
Wed Mar 8 10:39:27 PST 2006

Shopping for a new car?
Pay 2-3% below invoice on a new car of your choice.
Save thousands with our free car discount finder service!
http://click.topica.com/caaexd6bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Dealix

Darryl:

I need to correct my reply of yesterday to this question.  The Outback does
not have generator support (wherein an inverter can synchronize to and
boost the output of an AC source).   The original Trace/Xantrex SW
does.   Don't know if the SW2 does.  Outback has many requests for this and
is apparently motivated to add this at some time in the future.

William Miller

At 02:45 PM 3/7/2006, you wrote:
>Has anyone tried using a suburu inverter generator in
>parrallel with an Outback VFX inverter to power heaver
>loads and recharge batteries through the inverter?
>What are the connections required and settings.
>
>Thanks Darryl

Packet8 Digital Phones Service can save you up to
$999 annually on your phone bill! First Month Free!
Free Activation! Save $110 instantly. Wow. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaexdPbz8Qcsbz9JC9f/ TMONE

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & how to change your email address: www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquette.php

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com