150VDC listing on OutBack DC breakers [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas --- OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Thu Nov 9 20:05:10 PST 2006

Dan -

Thanks for bringing this up as well - the breakers themselves are listed
for 125VDC by UL - we have an additional ETL listing on them for 150VDC
but only when they are used in the approved OUTBACK enclosure products
and only for PV applications.

We put them in the new pricelist listed as 125VDC as that prevents
confusion about what they are rated for when used in other applications.
 We did not want to mislead anyone.

There will be new stickers on the inside of the appropriate FLEXware
products which lists the breakers that can be used at the 150VDC voltage
levels.  This should make it less confusing for the inspectors.

Christopher

Dan Rice wrote:

> While on the topic of Outback breakers, it has been noted that the new
> Flexware literature indicates that the OBPV and other DC breakers 80 amp
> and smaller are rated for 125 VDC maximum. Though the OBPV breakers have
> always been labeled 125 VDC (I'm not sure about the E-frame breakers),
> has there not been another supplemental testing and listing process that
> has resulted in the previously published 150 VDC rating? Is the 125 VDC
> rating printed in the Flexware literature correct? What about the other
> DC breakers?

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas @ outbackpower.com