OUTBACK PS1 Issues [RE-wrenches]

Randy Sadewic randy at positiveenergysolar.com
Wed Aug 16 08:29:34 PDT 2006

Hi Wrenches,
We have received a lot of interest in backup power with our grid-tied
systems, so we have addressed this need with the PS1 by Outback. So far
we have installed three systems and so far we have had call backs on
each system requiring site visits to trouble shoot the problem, with
each problem being different. The systems are supposed to be set up and
programmed to be "plug and play", with default inverter settings ready
to use out of the box. So far, each problem has required a call to tech
support to learn something that wasn't covered in the manual. We are
concerned about how to support this product and whether or not we should
continue selling it.

Any similar experience with this product out there and/or comments about
this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

Randy Sadewic