Grundfos SQ-Flex powered by mod-sine inverter [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Thu Aug 10 22:01:53 PDT 2006

<x-flowed>

Wrenches,

Anyone know of any issues with running an SQ-Flex off a mod-sine
inverter?  In this case it would likely be a DR2424.  I figure the SQ-Flex
should be pretty forgiving, considering that it can be powered by either AC
or DC over a wide range, but you just never know...

It's about 250 feet of lift, and we could live with the lowest flow rate
model.  I'm fully aware there's other pump choices that will run direct off
24VDC, but we've all discussed the stories here many times and I have my
own scars in that regard.  The customer has a relatively small system,
really wants to upgrade her generator/AC Pump setup, and I really don't
want to go with anything but Grundfos at this point.

Anyone have any experience with a setup like this?

Thanks,
John Raynes
RE Solar
Torrey UT