UV Resistant Insulation for Hot Water Pipes [RE-wrenches]

Peter Parrish peter.parrish at calsolareng.com
Sat May 6 13:59:08 PDT 2006

http://click.topica.com/caaeKAPbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/PC Powerscan

We are beginning to install SDHW systems in Southern California and we
typically use the same insulation for copper lines, whether the runs are
indoors or outside. We then paint the exposed insulation to match the siding
or roof color. In those cases where a color match is not needed or “basic
black” is fine, is there a insulation that is UV resistant out of the box?
We use 7/8” ID, ¾” wall for ¾” runs.

Peter Parrish

California Solar Engineering, Inc.

(323) 258-8883