controller settings for diversion load and generators... [RE-wrenches]

Jay Peltz, Peltz Power jay at asis.com
Sun Dec 11 08:16:25 PST 2005

Save up to $1,500 on your phone bill with Packet8
Free Activation, Free Equipment & First Month Free!
30-day money back guarantee. 1-877-868-1135
http://click.topica.com/caaegt4bz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ TMONE

> Hi Hugh,

1. Most Gel bats are toast at 29.6.  Usually above 14.4v nominal
( 12v) is too high. ( but each manufacture has its own settings.)  I
don't use temp comp on gels as it will push the voltage above the
hard limits.
The tristar seems to hold its voltage setpoint better than the C-40
which wanders with time.

2. The diversion load problem you mention is a problem that I'm
hoping Outback can fix with their integrated product line.  Maybe
with the new mates ( more features)
it will allow for smart charging, ie turn off diversion load when
genny charging.

3.  best I've done is to have the genny charge limit at just below
the diversion set point.  That way the genny alone will not cause you
to dump power.  If you use temp comp, both genny and CC must have it.

much peace,

jay

peltz power

http://click.topica.com/caaegt3bz8Qcsbz9JC9f/PC PowerScan