generators [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, DragonSun Consulting ezra at lasqueti.net
Tue Sep 27 15:15:49 PDT 2005

Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
http://click.topica.com/caad0PSbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/Nationwide Survey

Hi All,

I've been running a 3,000 watt Honda inverter/generator for battery
charging for about a year now. The inverter/charger I use is a SWP 2524 and
I can happily report that the Honda works great on it. I got an improvement
from 65 start up charging amps to 85 start up charging amps when I switched
from an old 3500 watt Honda to the new 3000 watt unit. I also like the fact
that the 3 k unit from Honda can be stacked in parallel configuration.

I think a large chaging system which needed more umph for intitial charging
could utilize a pair of these generators with one carrying less fuel than
the other. Once the really heavy part of bulk charging was over the
generator with less fuel would quit leaving the remaining one to finish the
charge.

I have found the Honda very fuel efficient and like the variable speed
aspects of the motor. It's great to hear it throttle down as the batteries
become charged.

Best Regards,

Ezra Auerbach