Grundfos SQE controller - power use [RE-wrenches]

Jeffery Wolfe, Global Resource Options jeff at globalresourceoptions.com
Tue Jul 26 22:04:14 PDT 2005

Need a Laptop? Get a Sony Vaio Laptop Free!
http://click.topica.com/caadHlxbz8Qcsbz9JC9a/ProductTestPanel

Dave,

>From what I know of it, the system basically is always on, in order to
maintain pressure by, if required, turning the pump on at the slightest
need. Since there is, essentially, no pressure tank, and you cannot
compress water, even a slight drip will cause the pump to run a lot,
just creating pressure, not flow.

However, you *should* be able to turn pump and controller off, say at
night, when no one cares if there is water in the house. (This is
off-grid...). You could take it to an extreme, and wire switches
(switches to a momentary contact relay would work I think) from each
location of water use, and only run the pump when desired. A pilot light
at each switch (only on when pump is activated) might be nice. Could get
complex, but I think if you do not do this, at best you'll end up with a
large phantom load, and at worst, a huge drain if a leak develops.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, Inc., Solar Energy Solutions
601 Old River Road, Suite 3, White River Junction, VT 05001-9030
800-374-4494 x107 Toll Free     802-295-4415 x107 Phone
802-295-4417 Fax
Jeff at GlobalResourceOptions.com             www.GlobalResourceOptions.com